100% integrated oak
Tonnellerie Ermitage propose a wide range of barrels from standard 225 L and 228 L, to larger 300 L to 600 L formats, as well as cigar-shaped barrels which offer an optimum content/container ratio.
The Ermitage barrel develops and matures over time, highlighting the fruit whilst respecting the winemaker’s objectives.
The Ermitage range offers the options of light toasting and prolonged stave seasoning of more than 36 months (more information on request).
100 % PEFC / Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification
Tonnellerie Ermitage is committed to a programme of sustainable forest management (PEFC). The Bureau Veritas Certification* attests that Tonnellerie Ermitage respects the defined criteria for the certification of the chain of control ((BV/CdC/2172175 H and BV/CdC/2172175 G) PEFC as described in the documentation published by the PEFC (Annexes IXa – November 2008 et IXb – January 2009).
HACCP / Food safety
From the stave mill to the cooperage, we adhere to HACCP standards (a systematic preventive approach that identifies, evaluates and controls significant dangers relating to food safety). Bureau Veritas issues a verification statement of our HACCP plan after inspection (BV/090/ RE) which ensures the alimentary quality of our products.
Bureau Veritas issues us with verification statements (N°BV/102-2/RE and N°BV/102-3/RE) for the traceability of our “French Origin” and for our oak source materials.
ha/hp controle system
Levels of haloanisoles, halophenols and lindane
- Monitoring of water used in the production process, (watering, rinsing, steam water)
- Atmospheric testing (zones that store staves, finished product and dry goods, the stave mill and cooperage workshops)
- Verification of packaging (cartons, shrink wrap, bungs in silicone or wood, etc.)
- Testing of all products or materials used in the manufacturing process (flour, stainless steel fixations, supports, machine parts, etc.)
- Inspection of stave lots on reception
- Verification of containers (use of ‘barrier’ protective covers)
“GUARANTEED OF FRENCH ORIGIN”
“Made in France” Bureau Veritas guarantees French manufacture. Committed to quality, traceability and the respect of the oak source material, Tonnellerie Ermitage possesses internationally recognised accreditations.